jjjefersonnn

PHP 7+

jjjefersonnn

I know the script is dead... but maybe can we find someone to upgrade it for us or for me? :D 

I really enjoy Arylia, but we can`t stay with PHP 5.6 for milion years

Anyone knows someone to do this job?

Edited by jjjefersonnn

Robert

It's not something I've considered, to be honest. I thought I read somewhere that this version will work under php 7eported a while ago that this existing version will work with php 7 but I've never tried it. Believe it or not, I still get asked to help people under php 5.2.x environments.

That said, if anyone wants to step up and take the php 7 challenge and donate the changes, I'm sure it'd be appreciated. I'll be happy to archive it.

Pmates

php 7 does not support the mysql extension and would need to be converted to mysqli.  I am working on a workaround and will share if I can succeed. 

• Like 1

Robert
On 8/27/2018 at 5:57 PM, Pmates said:

php 7 does not support the mysql extension and would need to be converted to mysqli.  I am working on a workaround and will share if I can succeed. 

That's great news. Thanks for looking at it. I'm sure a lot of people will be appreciative of it.

Thomsn

Hallo, sorry my English is very Bad.

I wanted to ask what it looks like with php7? is there any news?

Thomas

Robert

Sorry, I have not heard of any further progress on converting this script to php 7.x so far.

Thomsn

OK, too bad... which might be quite interesting, if there is a programmer who would rebuild arylia into a CMS ... That would be perfect ... So with Categories, Tags, Related Post's etc.

Or is there someone who has solved that differently?

Robert

It was actually started to be coded aas a CMS, I think... then for whatever reason the original author just stopped working on it. Thankfully, he made the code unencrypted so that people could make modifications to it.

Personally, I'm not convinced php 7.0 will be a defacto standard for many people as other scripts they use aren't even ready for 5.6 yet. You'd be surprised how many people I hear who still run php 5.3.x for a LOT of things, mostly because they rely on a specific script or setup that would require a lot of work to modify to work in later versions.

Thomsn

I like that ... But the Arylia as CMS would be the perfect for a picture gallery page. There is no other program with the tool to rip FHG's. (I can not find another one) And if you connect a suitable layout / cms now, that would be the perfect solution.

Since I can not program unfortunately, I will not be able to do it ...

Robert

Have you looked at this? The Mechbunny TGP Script?

https://www.mechbunny.com/tgp-script

The Demo is here: http://tgp.mechbunny.com/

Personally, I found Arylia more flexible for creating submittable galleries. The Mechbunny ones are usually not accepted at TGP sites (like The Hun). But it can certainly rip FHG's and place them into your site. If Arylia had these functions AND still let you build out galleries for submitting, it'd be the best of both worlds.

Alternatively, the MechBunny TUBE script will allo for both pictures and videos, but the picture handling is much more flexible and powerful on the TGP script.

Thomsn

Yes, I know the script. I do not like it! The layouts are not nice and I had the demo version to test. You can not rip FHG's there .... just upload. and that's too much work!

Robert

Really? Certainly, some sponsors have password protection on their FHG galleries, so they will not rip. And others load their gallery pics in javascript overlays, or html pages, so those will not rip either. But most others I can rip with MB TGP just fine. I think the only one I routinely had probems with was Scoreland galleries.