LemmeCheck.Info

PHP 7+

jjjefersonnn

jjjefersonnn

I know the script is dead... but maybe can we find someone to upgrade it for us or for me? :D 

I really enjoy Arylia, but we can`t stay with PHP 5.6 for milion years

Anyone knows someone to do this job?

Edited by jjjefersonnn

It's not something I've considered, to be honest. I thought I read somewhere that this version will work under php 7eported a while ago that this existing version will work with php 7 but I've never tried it. Believe it or not, I still get asked to help people under php 5.2.x environments.

That said, if anyone wants to step up and take the php 7 challenge and donate the changes, I'm sure it'd be appreciated. I'll be happy to archive it.

• 4 weeks later...

php 7 does not support the mysql extension and would need to be converted to mysqli.  I am working on a workaround and will share if I can succeed. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 5:57 PM, Pmates said:

php 7 does not support the mysql extension and would need to be converted to mysqli.  I am working on a workaround and will share if I can succeed. 

That's great news. Thanks for looking at it. I'm sure a lot of people will be appreciative of it.

• 2 months later...

OK, too bad... which might be quite interesting, if there is a programmer who would rebuild arylia into a CMS ... That would be perfect ... So with Categories, Tags, Related Post's etc.

Or is there someone who has solved that differently?

It was actually started to be coded aas a CMS, I think... then for whatever reason the original author just stopped working on it. Thankfully, he made the code unencrypted so that people could make modifications to it.

Personally, I'm not convinced php 7.0 will be a defacto standard for many people as other scripts they use aren't even ready for 5.6 yet. You'd be surprised how many people I hear who still run php 5.3.x for a LOT of things, mostly because they rely on a specific script or setup that would require a lot of work to modify to work in later versions.

I like that ... But the Arylia as CMS would be the perfect for a picture gallery page. There is no other program with the tool to rip FHG's. (I can not find another one) And if you connect a suitable layout / cms now, that would be the perfect solution.

Since I can not program unfortunately, I will not be able to do it ...

Have you looked at this? The Mechbunny TGP Script?

https://www.mechbunny.com/tgp-script

The Demo is here: http://tgp.mechbunny.com/

Personally, I found Arylia more flexible for creating submittable galleries. The Mechbunny ones are usually not accepted at TGP sites (like The Hun). But it can certainly rip FHG's and place them into your site. If Arylia had these functions AND still let you build out galleries for submitting, it'd be the best of both worlds.

Alternatively, the MechBunny TUBE script will allo for both pictures and videos, but the picture handling is much more flexible and powerful on the TGP script.

Yes, I know the script. I do not like it! The layouts are not nice and I had the demo version to test. You can not rip FHG's there .... just upload. and that's too much work!

Really? Certainly, some sponsors have password protection on their FHG galleries, so they will not rip. And others load their gallery pics in javascript overlays, or html pages, so those will not rip either. But most others I can rip with MB TGP just fine. I think the only one I routinely had probems with was Scoreland galleries.

• 4 months later...
jjjefersonnn

hey, with the end of PHP 5.6 support... what you guys gonna do? jump in to mechbunny or find someones to update to php 7+ arylia?

Edited by jjjefersonnn

I'm told some hosts may assist in converting it, but that's not a guarantee either.

We did the update to php 5.3.x then thru 5.6.x after Arylia gave it all up.

The problem here mostly is finding the time to do it -- and of course, paying someone to do it. I'm more hopeful that there's enough programming skill among the Arylia user community to convert the existing script.

I ask a quote for upgrade to php 7 waiting for an answer actually.

I'll keep you update, maybe we could share the fee.

I'd need to vet the programmer first. I have very specific requirements when it comes to coding, including proper commenting/documentation in any files/routines that are edited.

I got an answer and it could be pricy :

I also cannot really quote this, we don't know how long it will take - We can only bill hourly (70eur/hr). It might take 2-3 hours or it might take 2-3 days to do. It took us 3 days to convert our tube script for PHP7.

Ok, yeah, I would like more cost certainty on it. I've had Mechbunny customize their tgp script and tube scripts for me and have never been disappointed. Talented people there.

I've reached out to a couple of trustworthy programmers who are very security conscious and are also familiar with Arylia.

47 minutes ago, Robert said:

Ok, yeah, I would like more cost certainty on it. I've had Mechbunny customize their tgp script and tube scripts for me and have never been disappointed. Talented people there.

I've reached out to a couple of trustworthy programmers who are very security conscious and are also familiar with Arylia.

Ok let's see what they say.

• 5 weeks later...

If someone manage to port Arylia to PHP 7.x.x please let me know, I would like to contribute/donate to this cause.

6 hours ago, sam said:

If someone manage to port Arylia to PHP 7.x.x please let me know, I would like to contribute/donate to this cause.

Yes I'm still interesting to contribute also ;)

• 2 months later...

Did someone find another building script to replace arylia?

If yes thank you to share please we really need to have a 7.X script.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on this. I've been in communication with someone who is attempting to upgrade this script to PHP 7.x.

I have no further information right now regarding the cost to obtain an upgraded copy, but will update this thread when I get more info.

30 minutes ago, Robert said:

Just an update on this. I've been in communication with someone who is attempting to upgrade this script to PHP 7.x.

I have no further information right now regarding the cost to obtain an upgraded copy, but will update this thread when I get more info.

Hi Robert, please keep us in touch I  definetly need this version ;)

With arylia I build a gallery in 5 minutes with a professional look with other scripts like wordpress or php script it take me really more time.

Edited by edendom

• Robert locked this topic