LemmeCheck.Info

PHP 7+

jjjefersonnn

Just to pass along an update on this. I've not heard anything further since my earlier response. However, there is something you can do, or your host can do, if you want to upgrade to php 7.x.

After your host upgrades to php 7.x, have them also install php 5.6 (you can have them running on the same box). Then they can adjust the server config to assign which virtual host(s) will be running on php5.6 exception. Then you change edit the arylia database for options and change the path to php from, for example, /usr/bin/php to /usr/bin/php5.6.

I've tested this and it works.

I also know of someone who had a small partition made to run a php 5.6 environment and all dependencies for Arylia and TGPX, and then using virtual mounts and/or symlinks, to make the builder gallery folder(s) local to each domain you are building galleries for.

It's not a total replacement for a php 7.x version of Arylia, and certainly is little more than a workaround. But thought I would mention it as a possible option.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, jjjefersonnn said:

I am late for the party? :D

If you guys still wanna port Arylia to php 7 I will also help/donate for this happen

Unless someone as a better gallery builder in mind I'm still interested with Arylia php 7+

Now php 5.6 is no more supported and it's recommanded to move on php 7 at less

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok folks, have an update. I've been in contact with both the original Arylia guy and a talented programmer who is now taking a look at this for "us". He has already converted a number of scripts for use with PHP7.x and he is looking over the Arylia code now.

If anyone is interested in pursuing this, be sure to follow this thread and let me know.

11 minutes ago, Robert said:

Ok folks, have an update. I've been in contact with both the original Arylia guy and a talented programmer who is now taking a look at this for "us". He has already converted a number of scripts for use with PHP7.x and he is looking over the Arylia code now.

If anyone is interested in pursuing this, be sure to follow this thread and let me know.

Excellent news :)

Just poking my head in - as I am said programmer currently looking at it.
Only just started, its not a script im familiar with in advance and its all on a "when theres free time" basis, so please dont expect instant miracles.

One request, if anyone has an admin area theyll dare to let me look at - please get in touch ( [email protected] will catch me)

Are we at the point yet where we can add feature requests? Cause if so, man oh man, the batching needs help :D

It should be mentioned before anyone does ask for features. Arylia is not GPL licensed, certainly not open sourced. There has been no permission from the Arylia people to add features, they've simply said it was okay to convert to php 7.x.

That said, if there's enough interest, and people willing to contribute to the Hincapie's efforts, I'll ask the Arylia people and we can go from there. Right now, the simple priority is to get it working under a php 7.x environment.

24 minutes ago, Robert said:

Are we at the point yet where we can add feature requests? Cause if so, man oh man, the batching needs help :D

It should be mentioned before anyone does ask for features. Arylia is not GPL licensed, certainly not open sourced. There has been no permission from the Arylia people to add features, they've simply said it was okay to convert to php 7.x.

That said, if there's enough interest, and people willing to contribute to the Hincapie's efforts, I'll ask the Arylia people and we can go from there. Right now, the simple priority is to get it working under a php 7.x environment.

I agree completely. Lets first get it running entirely bug free - that certainly seems achievable now, we simply need to test thoroughly and find any problems.

Then certainly we can look at new features if people are up for it & the Arylia guys agree.

Ok. I think we have basic functionality running.

Still need to test in more detail - all "inner running" flaws, bugs and blowups are fixed - but might be some functions a non-user like myself hasnt noticed that still have bugs.

However, we might as well start collecting requests for new features/changes - so we can collect, categorize & look at them - and we can take them to Arylia & see if they will allow it/what they want to do about licensing a changed product.

Make Sense?

Just an update on the demo. The default.php that comes with Arylia is only pushing the gallery to the right side because I set the default thumbs size to 250x300 in the gallery defaults. Since the template itself does not use responsive code**, it just pushes the thumbs width outside the table.

Just thought I'd post that if anyone tries it. Unlike "fancy.php", the default TGP uses the basic settings for __THUMBNAILS__ whereas templates like fancy.php specific the exact thumbnail size to use.

** I can assist with wehere to edit the arylia functions code to add the responsive attribute to thumbs, though this assumes the template's overall css is responsive. which we can place into another thread.

• 2 years later...

The PHP7 version is no longer available through this website, or myself. Those who donated to the conversion should have a copy already. Thanks everyone.

• Robert locked this topic