LemmeCheck.Info

Problem After Moving Arylia To A New Server - Need Help

sdm

I've just recently moved Arylia from one server to another and I currently have a problem when I try to create a single gallery.

I moved Arylia to the new server by downloading all files from old server and uploading to new server.

The current error being generated is this:

Fatal error: This encoded file is corrupted. Please refer to http://www.zend.com/support/support_faq.php?id=loader_file_corrupt for further help in /usr/home/sdm/domains/sdm.com/public_html/arylia/app/multiFunctions.inc.php on line 0

I've had a look at the FAQ and found that i need to upload the 'app' folder in binary. I've done that but get the error above.

Any help appreciated.

sdm: I would suggest a couple of things.

1. Make sure you are using the right software version for your new server's PHP version. The Arylia site does not provide the working version for php5.3.x
  2. If using the version of arylia that is encoded, make sure that Zend is installed; that the server is running 5.2.x and that your files were all uploaded in BINARY. Encoded files should always be uploaded in binary.

It looks like the error is related to encoding which leads me to believe the error is likely due to you not uploading the original files in BINARY. If your FTP client uses auto ascii... then there is a strong possibility that it uploaded all of the php files as ASCII since php files are usually text based.

It is also very important to note that the files on the original server should have also been downloaded in BINARY. If You downloaded encoded files in ASCII, then they were likely corrupted during the download and re-upload process.

Try downloading a clean zip file from the Arylia site, and then uploading the original files in BINARY mode to your server. IMPORTANT, do NOT delete your common.php file as this contains your database info.

Of course, the above is only applicable to the Zend encoded version of Arylia. If you are on php5.3.x then you should use the clean 5.3.x version which does not require Zend at all.

Hope that helps.

-Robert

Thanks Robert.

Short term I'll try a fresh download from Arylia and try that, long term I'll get PHP updated and get the new Arylia from you.

Scotty