LemmeCheck.Info

Can't get batch mode to work. Getting an error when trying to batch via RSS

Dred

When trying to make galleries using the batch function, I get this error...

Warning: require_once(utils/rss/simplepie.inc) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/XXXXX/public_html/egh/arylia/app/Arylia.class.php on line 1874

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'utils/rss/simplepie.inc' (include_path='.:/opt/php53/lib/php') in /home2/XXXXX/public_html/egh/arylia/app/Arylia.class.php on line 1874

'XXXXX' = username removed by me

...and when I try to use the delimited option nothing gets made but I get confirmation...

293 galleries were queued for creation. Your new galleries should begin to appear shortly in your gallery list (you will need to refresh in order to see them).

No galleries show after refreshing....even when I refresh 5 - 10 minutes later.

Anyone with a fix for this?

Thanks.

Dred, the first thing I would check is permissions and paths.

Admin - > Arylia Settings tab:

• General Site Settings section -- make sure the tmp folder path exists on your server and is writeable (777 is what most people seem to need).
  • General Site Settings section -- make sure your path to PHP-CLI is valid.
  • Gallery Builder Settings section -- Gallery File name should include your path with NO beginning slash. For example, "galleries/[sITE]/[sLUG]/index.html" means that you MUST have a galleries folder on your current domain and it needs to be writeable.

Admin -> Gallery Defaults tab:

• Image Acquisition and Saving Defaults section -- make sure the "location where images should be saved" is set to Gallery Subfolder
  • Batch Defaults section -- set the method to Delimited, put the delimited list field to a | (pipe) and then the field legend something like this url|title|description

Notes:

• Your first error seems to indicate a missing script utility for the simplepie RSS (YourAryliaFolder/utils/rss/simplepie.inc). Check your path and make sure that it indeed exists and that it has sufficient permissions to execute. Try 755 for example.
  • If using an RSS feed, it's possible that the feed's fields are not coinciding with the Field Legend you specified in the Batch Default settings.
  • Try creating a simple batch of say, two galleries using a sponsor's FHG's, such as Twistys (I say this because I know their FHG's can be retrieved easily). If this works, then you know that your settings are correct and the issue is entirely related to RSS feeds and the simplepie utility.

That's about all I can think of. Hope that helps.

Thanks Robert.

I don't hav simplepie.inc, what I'm seeing is simplepie.compiled.inc

...there is no simplepie.inc in the folder

Edited by Dred

Ok, that's almost certainly the reason for the error as the script is looking for a file that does not exist.

SimplePie is for reading RSS feeds. So my guess is that's the only time you'd ever see that error. I don't use RSS myself, but I guess you could try renaming the file on your server and see if that helps?

Or you could try editing the indicated line on this file, to change simplepie.inc to the one on your server:

/home2/XXXXX/public_html/egh/arylia/app/Arylia.class.php

No idea if that will work or not.

On the delimited batch, I have run across this error when the builder folder (or place where your galleries are stored) are not 777. I've also seen this happen when the FHG's I am trying to retrive are all hotlink protected and thus, the galleries can be read, but the images not retrived. Therefore you get a count of the galleries but there's nothing to process since the images can be spidered and processed.

Thanks Robert. I changed the SimplePie.compiled.inc to simplepie.inc and it worked...up to the point where the delimited version stops. LOL

Maybe they're hotlinked protected, like you suggest. Ah well.

293 galleries were queued for creation. Your new galleries should begin to appear shortly in your gallery list (you will need to refresh in order to see them).
Edited by Dred