LemmeCheck.Info

Gallery Views

edendom

Hi,

Anyone knows how to have counter for galleryViews?

I found this string in builder_galleries but I don't see how to count the views, for now all have a zero value.

Thanks

Dominique

Edited by edendom

Dominique, one idea may be to simply embed a stats code into your gallery using javascript. For example, you could setup a campaign specific to each template, in Google Analytics or Piwik, or whatever stats software you use. This will give you not only page views, but stats per template.

Dominique, one idea may be to simply embed a stats code into your gallery using javascript. For example, you could setup a campaign specific to each template, in Google Analytics or Piwik, or whatever stats software you use. This will give you not only page views, but stats per template.

My  goal is to build a page with most viewed galleries fetching the DB ;)

Edendom, ok... then perhaps what you might want to do is to create a "counter" script and add a table to your arylia database to keep a count of clicks, as well as assign a key id that will let you cross reference/lookup other tables in the database to pull and sort specific galleries.

Edendom, ok... then perhaps what you might want to do is to create a "counter" script and add a table to your arylia database to keep a count of clicks, as well as assign a key id that will let you cross reference/lookup other tables in the database to pull and sort specific galleries.

Well no idea how to do that, I asked because I found the string 'galleryViews' in arylia Database and it shows zero for all galleries

Well no idea how to do that, I asked because I found the string 'galleryViews' in arylia Database and it shows zero for all galleries

It's my understanding that the people behind Arylia were including future considerations when coding started. There was a time when Arylia had a goal of becoming a true gallery CMS style system. So, it is entirely possible that the string you reference was intended for a future consideration as well.

Having said that, it is completely unencoded so what I did, and as far as I can tell, several others too, was have a programmer make some changes to our versions of Arylia so that it was custom tailored for what I/we needed.

It sounds like you might want to have a tailored solution yourself versus the out-of-the-box functionality. For that, you'd need to edit the code yourself, or have someone do it. I don't code myself -- I am code-challenged :)