LemmeCheck.Info

Gallery Batch Feature

TheRizzo41

Hi Robert,

I am trying to make a batch of galleries.  In the template I use the slug __MODEL__ which is the name of the model being used.   However when I try to add this into field legend in batch mode, it doesn't work.   I have tried using slug and model  as the fields but it does work.

What should I be putting in the field legend if you know?

Thanks a lot!

- Brent

Hey Brent, I cannot tell you how many times this irritated the hell out of me with Arylia. The short answer is you cannot use custom fields in batch mode -- a serious oversight in my opinion.

What I did was this...

I installed a clean instance of Arylia and manipulated the fields it already uses. On the admin area where you can define Sponsors and Sites, I created the Sponsors as A, B, C, D, E, etc. The I added every model as a "Site" under her respective alphabetical letter (the Sponsor). Then, I created templates for every actual real sponsor and uploaded those to the templates folder.

Now in the batch file, you can specify SiteID (for the model) and the template file.

It's the only way I have found yet to work around that limitation. I am sure anyone with some coding knowledge could probably hardcode some additional fields into the batch routine, but that is beyond my capability.

Pain in the ass to do it how I did it, but it works.

Hey Robert, thanks for a the super quick reply!   Gotta agree, that is a huge oversight for sure.   Your method is a pain, but like you said it works, so I will start working on that.  

Thanks a lot for your help.

- Brent